Sunday, October 21, 2012

C.

Mister's birthday was this weekend. So naturally I threw a party. Unfortunately I had no idea how many people were going to show up. So now we have a bazillion left overs. Which is not so bad because we both like food. I tried my hand at Portillo's cake and the verdict came back as pretty dang close to the original. In reality it was a smashing success because I had never dine a two layer cake before.
Mister's mom and sister and neice came down from Chi-Town and that intimidated me. Not only was I throwing a party for friends but I now had to include and win the approval of family. Not aomwthing I'm always good at. Good times were had all around though.
And to everyone who didn't come. Shame on them. We don't live that far south. And if Mister's family can make it down four hours away, then 45 minutes is not that big of a deal.
Happy Birthday Mister!


No comments:

Post a Comment